Sep 26 2012
One of the more useful additions to iOS6 is the addition of the the Social Media shortcuts that sit in the Notification Centre that pulls down from the top of the screen. The shortcuts allow you to post a Facebook Status Update or to send a Tweet to Twitter quickly and easily.
A number of users are noticing that one or both of the shortcuts are missing from the Notification Centre, so here’s a couple of checks to make if you can’t see the shortcut buttons.
1) Make sure that you have provided your Twitter and Facebook user credentials in the settings section on your iPhone. To do this:
- Open the Settings App
- Scroll down until you see the Facebook and Twitter icons
- Go into both sections and provide your username and password.
2) Make sure that the Share Widget is Activated. To do this:
- Open the SettingsApp
- Select Notifications
- Make sure that the Share Widget is visible in the ‘In Notification Centre’ Section
- If it isn’t then tap the edit button and drag the Share Widget Button into the ‘In Notification Centre’ Section
The Social Media Shortcuts should now be visible in the Notification Centre.