There are several ways to personalise your iPhone and one of the simplest is to change the Ring Tone on the iPhone. The ring tone is the piece of music which plays when you receive a phone call, so that you are aware that your phone is ringing.
By changing the ring tone on the iPhone it instantly identifies it from all the other iPhones around you, many ringtones are included as standard on the iPhone and it’s possible to purchase additional ringtones through iTunes, so you will be able to find a ring tone that appeals to you and reflects your personality
To Change the Ring Tone on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app from your iPhones Home Screen
- Choose the Sounds option
- Select the Ringtone Option
This will display the ring tones that are available on your iPhone, by pressing on each ring tone a preview of the tone is played.
- When you are happy with the current ring tone might sure it has a tick next to it and press your Home Button
Your ring tone is now set.
I noticed recently that I’ve been accidentally calling my contacts when my phone has been locked and in my pocket, and I’ve found out why.
If the home button gets pressed for a couple of seconds it enters voice activation mode and it sometimes misinterprets background noise as names from your contact list and calls them, which can annoy your contacts and prove to be expensive. It could also let a thief call your contacts with out accessing your phone, even in you have a Passcode set.
To stop this from happen you will need to set a Passcode Lock and follow these instructions
1) Launch the Settings App
2) Select the General Option
3) Select the Passcode Lock Option
4) Select Turn Passcode On
5) Enter a 4 digit Passcode
You have now set a Passcode, this will also protect your phone against un-authorised access to your phone.
6) Set the Voice Dial option to Off.
7) Your iPhone now won’t try and make voice calls if the home button gets accidentally pressed, or someone tries to access your contacts using voice dialing