The iPhone has a great camera to take photographs but how do you transfer your iPhone Photographs from your phone to your PC.
Here are my 4 top ways of Photo Transfer.
1) USB Cable
The Simplest way to view or copy your iPhone Photos on your PC is by connecting your iPhone to your PC by using the USB cable that came with your iPhone. When your computer is on and logged in:
- Connect the iPhone to your PC using the cable
- Unlock the iPhone so that it’s home screen is visible.
- After a few Seconds the Windows AutoPlay Menu should appear.
- Click on ‘Open Device to View files’
- Your iPhones picture folders will now be displayed in a Windows Explorer Window.
- If this doesn’t happen then check your AutoPlay settings in the Hardware and Sound section of the Control Panel. The Picture Setting should be set to ‘Ask Every time’.
- You Should also be able to use the My Computer tool to view the contents of your iPhone. Your iPhone should be listed underneath your computers Hard Drives.
Using the USB cable works very well if you have a large amount of Photos to transfer.
if you don’t want to have use a cable to connect your iPhone to your PC and have a WiFi network available then it’s possible to view your iPhone photos in a web browser using a free App called WiFi Photo.
When you launch the WiFi Photo app it provides you with an Address to type into the Internet Browser on your PC, this will display a web page generated specifically for your iPhone, and provides a link to your iPhone Photo’s and Videos. WiFi Photo works very well and provides a free and convenient alternative to using a USB Cable
More information on WiFi Photo can be found in This Article.
DropBox is a popular Internet Based Secure Storage facility which allows you to transfer files between any device running the DropBox software.
There is a DropBox client available for the iPhone which allows you to upload your iPhone pictures to your DropBox account, so that you can access them on your PC.
As well as connecting over WiFi DropBox also works over a mobile 3G connection, this allows you to securely back up your important photos when away from your home eg you can upload your important holiday photographs as soon as you have taken them.
You can read more information on Drop Box in This Article
If you need to share Pictures with a PC other then your own or with a friend then you can also email your iPhone Photos to any email address. This would allow you to transfer individual pictures to a computer that doesn’t have iTunes installed.
To email a picture:
- Open your Photos App
- Find the picture you want to transfer
- Select the transfer icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- This will display the transfer menu.
- Select the Email Photo option and the picture will be opened in the iPhones email Application.
Emailing Photo’s is more time consuming than other options but it provides a guaranteed method of transferring photographs, without the need for a cable for additional Apps.