Sep 12 2012
Today at a press conference in San Francisco Apple have formally announced its latest flagship phone – The iPhone 5.
Here’s the lowdown on whats new on the iPhone 5 :
1) The Display. The iPhone 5 has a larger screen then previous iPhone models measuring 4″. The new larger retina screen has a resolution of 1136 x 640 with a pixel density of 326ppi, and the screen ratio is almost 16:9 making it better suited for wide screen videos. The taller screen allows for an extra row of icons to be placed on the home screen.
2) The Processor. The processor in the iPhone 5 is the new A6 CPU. Apple claim that the A6 is twice as quick as the processor in the iPhone 4s.
3) The Size of the Handset. The iPhone 5 is significantly thinner then the iPhone 4s at only 7.6mm thick, and weighs only 112 grand.
4) Mobile Data Connectivity. The iPhone 5 supports several mobile data networks to help you get the best out the network in your location. You can connect on LTE, HSPA+, EVDO & EDGE networks.
5) The Camera. The iPhone 5′s Primary Camera is similar to that of the excellent 8mb camera on the iPhone 4S, and the secondary camera is now capable of recording 720p video.
The iPhone 5 now supports Panorama photography as standard.
The iPhone 5 will be available for pre-order on the 14th of September.
The iPhone 5 will start shipping on the 21st of September.