Jan 5 2011
Google provide a number of Web Based utilities to help you manage your digital life, including Email, Calendar and Contacts. They also work hard to make sure that as many devices as possible can connect to the utilities. Google can also be used as a central bridge to other email providers.
Unlike on the android platform there isn’t a specific Gmail App for the iPhone but Google present their facilities like an Exchange server making synchronization on the iPhone easy.
1. Open your iPhones Settings app
Enter Your Account Details
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address.
6. Leave the Domain section blank.
7. Enter your Google Account email address in the Username Box.
8. Enter your Google Account password in the Password Boxfield.
9. Press Next.
10. Select Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
11. When the new Server box appears, enter m.google.com.
12. Press Next.
13. Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
14. Choose the Keep on my iPhone option when requested.
Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push turned on, on your device. You can also open the Mail, Calendar or Contacts apps and wait a few seconds for the synchronization to start.
With Access to your Email, Contacts and Calendar your iPhone becomes a very powerful business tool.